My grandma loves making crochet laces. She used to make lace for her sisters’ skirts during their childhood. Now she makes laces to add to the frocks she stitches for her great grand kids. It may be used to increase the height of the dress or simply to enhance its appearance. She even taught me to make a lace when I started learning crochet. So when she said she would like to learn to use Internet to find great patterns, I found her a lace pattern from Pinterest. But she preferred to be able to hold the pattern rather than use a image. So I made her a sample lace from the image. Since it curved up a bit, I drew a chart and figured I had missed a few details.
It is a simple pattern made using chain (ch), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), double crochet (dc) and trebble (tr) stitches.
- repeat * dc, ch, skip 1 * on foundation chain(multiple of 18 plus 1).
- repeat *4sc 2hdc 2dc 3tr 2dc 2hdc 3sc* .
- repeat * dc, ch, skip 2, dc, ch, skip 2, dc,ch, skip 2, (dc, ch 5, dc in same tr stitch), skip 2, ch, dc, skip 2, ch, dc, skip 2*
- repeat sc. Skipping this step reduced the beauty of the lace.
- Repeat * dc, ch, skip 2, dc, ch, skip 2, dc,ch, skip 2, (dc, ch 5, dc in same tr stitch), skip 2, ch, dc, skip 2, ch, dc, skip 2*.
- Repeat dc, with skip 1 in the beginning and end of each repeat.
- repeat sc, ch3, sl st
Like this post? Pin it for later. Share your experience or queries as comments. Have fun making !!
Tag me on Instagram(@ajilta) with #craftwithaji to be featured on this site.