My mom knit a blanket for my daughter using the Super Afghan Loom (infinity loom). She did basketweave stitch on Bernat blanket yarn Sailors delight. As this is a thick yarn, she used alternate pegs on the loom.
I love the softness and texture of the blanket. Thank you mom for the wonderful gift.
Basketweave Stitch Pattern
- Place a stitch marker on every 16th peg. Place 2 on last stitch, so you would know where to turn.
- Cast on alternate pegs using e-wrap method. Do not connect the first and last stitch. Turn and work on opposite direction.
- Repeat knit 4, purl 4 for 4 rows
- Repeat purl 4, knit 4 for 4 rows
- Repeat rows 1 to 8 until blanket reached required height
- Bind off
- Weave ends in
P.S. if you want a proper basket weave look, repeat 8 times instead of 4. The pattern would repeat every 16 rows.
This video shows how to loom knit a basket weave stitch.
Like this post? Pin it for later. Share your experience or queries as comments. Have fun making !!
I would love to see your finished projects! Use #craftwithaji and tag me on Instagram(@ajilta) to show off your crafts and have a chance to be featured.