Knit Baby Set

KnitBabySet2

Knitted these with cotton thread for summer use.

I made the top with slight modifications to pattern available at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/Lucille. I had cast on twice the recommended number of stitches by mistake. I noticed that only after I increased in a row. By now I reached the required chest round, so didn’t do the increase required by the pattern. I used ribbon to adjust the neck round. This resulted in a puff sleeve. I love the way it looks on my daughter. I think it looks better than the original.

For the shoe, I followed the pattern at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-shoes-17. Using 2 colours would be prettier. But I think tbis suits the coat better like this.

For the hairband, I followed the pattern at http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Lacy_Headbands_Pattern__D50552220.html. Since it looked plain I added a flower. For the flower, I followed the pattern at http://www.mypicot.com/202.html. I think I should have kept the two buttons horizontally, so that it looks ok when I extend the headband.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

A WordPress.com Website.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: